Friday, May 15, 2009

WHERE TO FIND ITEMS TO SELL IN YOU E-STORES

Well, it's been a long time since I've posted, as being a single mother, working and attending school has taken up the vast majority of my time.

One of the things I like to do in my limited spare time is searchthrough blogs, forums and websites in search of ideas in finding items to sell in my Bonanzle Booth (http://bonanzle.com.booths/giftcentral) and my Ecrater Store (http://www.giftcentral.ecrater.com/). One of the things I've noticed is that either these blogs and forums are not giving the full scoop on where to find quality items at low prices, or I just haven't come across any other bloggers or forums that use these places for obtaining inventory.



Some e-sellers may wonder why I would disclose where I obtain things to add to my stores. The answer to that because I remember how frustrated I was at times when i first started selling on E-Bay in coming up with items to sell that would sell and make a profit. There simply wasn't anyone willing to tell me where I could get items at low prices. Anyhow, for those of you who may just be starting out selling on, well, wherever, here are some ideas where to obtain inventory.



(1) Yard Sales, Garage Sales, and Estate sales. This is probaly a no-brainer. Many items can be found at these type of sales that you can make a nice profit on. Some may think that only used junk can be found at these sale, but that is not the case. I often come across many items that are still new. I recently went to a garage sale where the resident had tons of brand name clothing that she had never worn and many still had the retail tags attached. Just look in the classified sections of your local papers to find these sales in your areas.



(2) A. J. Wright Department Stores. I am not sure if A. J. Wright is a nationwide chain or not, but there are several in my area. They usually have a large clearance section in the men's, women's and children's clothing sections. I often find brand name clothing that regulary sell for $40 or more on clearance for $10 or less. Quite often they will have sports clothing (NFL, NBA, etc.) in these sections as well. Many times I have found brand name items on clearance for only $2 or $3 dollars. T. J. Max, which I believe is part of the A. J. Wright chain, is anothe good place to try.



(3) Flea markets. One of my favorites. There is a flea market in my area where I often obtain brand name Sean John items for a fraction of their retail value.



(4) Craigs List. Many people putt things up on Craigs List are just trying to get rid of items without having to have a yard sale. My neighbor recently obtain a children's John Deere motorized tractor/scooter for only $10. The items was used, but was well worth the $10 as she later sold it in her storefront shop for over $60.

2 comments:

My Book Barn said...

Great blog!

My Book Barn
http://www.mybookbarn.ecrater.com

lillaursstuff said...

Thank You!

My Vintage Toy Box
http://www.myvintagetoybox.ecrater.com